Here's what Cindy had to say:
At PennFuture, we remain ever vigilant on your behalf against intrusions that would damage public health and natural resources across Pennsylvania, and undermine your constitutional rights.
This past year, we found ourselves working in all corners of the state, being first when it matters to you in:
- protecting our state parks and forests from shale gas drilling.
- winning an agreement from a merging gas company to establish a gas energy efficiency program, and increasing funding for energy efficiency for low-income customers, as part of the terms of the merger.
- educating the public about our climate work with our affiliate partner, the National Wildlife Federation.
- being the state lead in the Choose Clean Water Coalition, supporting the work to clean waters in the Chesapeake Bay watershed, including the Susquehanna River.
- leading the way to inform the public about the importance of new building codes for a safer and more energy efficient state.
- securing a legislative victory in Act 68, the new stormwater law that will provide municipalities the option to create stormwater authorities.
- fighting to conserve threatened and endangered species.
You can sign up at our secure website.
I am privileged to lead this organization and to work alongside colleagues who are tremendous champions of the environment. Rest assured, your support, at every level, is the gift that keeps on giving.
Cindy A. Dunn
President and CEO, PennFuture
* Special membership rate is effective 12/1 - 12/31, 2013.
** New members are considered to be individuals who have not previously donated to PennFuture.
Mary Kane is the events and development associate for PennFuture, based in Harrisburg.